Caritas provides 919 very low-income individuals permanent homes. For 30 years, Caritas has helped fill the need for affordable, safe, secure housing in Greater Boston. We prevent homelessness and stabilize neighborhoods.
- 30 buildings
- 14 Greater Boston communities
- 919 lives improved
Caritas strategically partners with 20 housing placement and social service agencies to provide supportive services to our residents and housing to the social service agencies that need to care for their clients.
- 20 partnering organizations
- 524 residents have access to supportive services to meet food and nutritional, physical and mental health and job training and placement needs.
As the largest nonprofit provider of permanent veteran housing in Greater Boston, and with our 24/7 wraparound supportive services, Caritas is helping to make sure that those who defended our nation’s liberties will have a home when their military service ends.
In a 12-month period:
- 249 veterans were housed in emergency, transitional and permanent units
- 170 veterans utilized our on-site supportive services
- 24 veterans obtained jobs, and 56 moved to independent living
By providing emergency funds to cover rent during a temporary setback, residents who are scarcely making ends meet do not have to fear losing their home due to a few days of missed work because of illness, reduced work hours or other circumstances beyond their control.
Since the 2014 launch of this fund:
- 101 hardworking residents received temporary financial assistance, ranging from $150 to $1,500
- 90% of those residents have financially stabilized and have been able to remain in their Caritas home